Thursday, June 26, 2014

More landfill

In the same vein as yesterday, another sumptuous visual feast...


Dolores Keane, John Faulkner, Eamonn Curran - Farewell To Eirinn LP. Mulligan Records 1981.
A tough one to find. This has the German FolkFreaks logo on the back cover though to my knowledge there is no German pressing.


The Emeralds of Wexford LP. Release Records 1970.
Aims straight for the Emmet Spiceland demographic, judging by the track listing. Another not easy to find LP (though when you do, it'll be only 10p)

Update: I misread the clues. Unfortunately, this is bog standard pub/cabaret folk crooning recorded live with evil irish.trad.accordion and a ceili band drummer whose favourite song was The Yellow Rose Of Texas judging by his preference for paradiddling on the snare. What a disappointment.  



Kenneth McKellar & Patricia Cahill - The Great Duets. Decca Records 1971.
What a lovely frock. Is it my imagination or does Kenneth look slightly aroused? Must be the whiff of chiffon.

And finally...


Philomena Begley - Nashville Country LP. Top Spin Records 1978.
Words fail me. I think this is my favourite LP cover of all time. For some reason, it reminds me of this:


Oh don't worry, there's plenty more where these came from ...




No comments: