Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Additions June 2014

Here are some records that have come my way recently. Now that I have a tablet I should be able to keep this blog updated more regularly with the constant stream of vinyl that comes through my door. That's the plan anyway but it could just as easily turn out to be another false dawn followed by another year of silence. We shall see. Some of the following records will probably be quite appalling but I simply can't stop myself. Let's start off with two 'entertainers'...



Mike Murphy - The Likes of Mike. Release Records, 1971.
Mike Murphy croons!



Michael Moran and his Shamrock Ceili Band - A Little Bit Of Irish LP.
Tribune Records, 1968.
What a horror cover. I can only imagine the deep shame felt by his descendents. Tribune released some interesting records at the end of the sixties, but this isn't one of them.


No comments: